Easy Taco Soup
The world’s best taco soup recipe that’s fast and easy to make in one pot with staple ingredients! This easy taco soup is by far the most requested meal at my house.
My family LOVES this easy taco soup and could probably eat it everyday. It’s definitely one of our all time favorite and EASY soup recipes to make. We usually have all the ingredients on hand and it’s something that I usually make without a recipe.
Everyone I’ve made this taco soup for always asks for the recipe. It’s a great meal to take to a family in need. I make this recipe at least once a month and always eat the leftovers. It freezes and reheats really well!
Storage and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Store taco soup in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after making. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Instant Pot Taco Soup: Brown ground beef on sauté setting until cooked. Remove grease. Add remaining ingredients and add one extra cup of broth. Cook on manual/high pressure for 3 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes before carefully removing the lid.
- Crock Pot Taco Soup: Brown ground beef on the stove. Add the cooked ground beef and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Vegetarian Taco Soup: Leave the meat out and add extra beans.
- Chicken Taco Soup: Substitute shredded chicken for the ground beef.
- Spices: you could also substitute seasonings.
Can I Use Ground Turkey Instead of Ground Beef?
Yes, ground turkey, chicken or pork would work in this taco soup recipe. If you wanted to make it vegetarian you could use lentils or another can of beans.
easy taco soup
Sour cream, for garnish
Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
easy taco soup
- In a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook onion until soft, 5 minutes, then add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add beans, corn, fire-roasted tomatoes, taco seasoning, and water. Stir. Bring to a simmer and cook until all ingredients are heated through.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Did you try our easy taco soup? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or please tag us! @theloulougirls
Here are some more Soup Recipes!
Because ALL THE FALL FEELS! Raise your hand if this cool weather is bringing you the most joy right now. Today I’m bringing you a Pumpkin Curry Soup that brings about all the warm, cozy, fall feels in a healthy, easy, and delicious way!
This Pasta e Fagioli Soup is a hearty, one-pot soup inspired by Olive Garden. It’s bursting with beans, veggies, noodles, and sausage, this classic Italian soup is sure to win you over. It goes perfect with Quick Italian Rolls and you have a very satisfying meal.
Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup is packed with flavor from crispy bacon, Italian Sausage, spinach, and tender cauliflower all in a rich, creamy broth.
Cream of Broccoli Soup is one of our favorite quick and easy meals at any time of year! Perfect for lunch, or an easy weeknight dinner with salad and loaf of French bread. The best part is that this broccoli cheese soup is ready in 20 minutes to start to finish!