Sometimes dinner is good and sometimes there are no words. This is the Best Ever Crockpot Lasagna you will ever eat!
Okay, I know, the pictures do not do this recipe justice. Never have I ever had something so good as this lasagna.
It was super easy to make and I loved each and every bite. Even the leftovers were fantastic. So… You are Welcome.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 24 oz jars marinara sauce, (I use 3 cheese Prego) divided use
- 1 jar water
- 1 16 oz box cavatappi pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a pan brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Drain the excess grease and set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and parsley.
- In the bottom of the crockpot (6 quarts or larger), pour half a jar of marinara sauce. Evenly layer half the box of cavatappi pasta on top of the sauce. Then pour the remaining marinara over the noodles. Pour on half a jar of water.
- Next layer half the cooked ground beef mixture over top. Dollop the entire cream cheese mixture evenly as possible over the beef layer.
- Layer the remaining cavatappi pasta on top of the cream cheese, then top with the remaining jar of marinara sauce. Pour another half jar of water on top of the marinara.
- Lastly, layer the rest of the cooked ground beef on top. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Stir mixture, then layers with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted.