Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
Sheet pan beef and broccoli is a classic Chinese dish that can be cooked on one sheet pan and is ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s an easy dinner that makes enough to feed a large family or to divide up for your weekly meal prep.
I love cooking. But I DO NOT love doing dishes. In fact, I hate it.
But what can you do if you want to make better choices eating and cooking for your family?
I’ve gotten on a roll of making sheet pan dinners. These one pan diners are absolutely saving my sanity.
This one today literally makes only a handful of things dirty – even the pan itself stays clean with the help of aluminum foil.
So let’s get cookin’!
What Can I Use In Place Of The Beef Steak Meat?
Most tender beef cuts, such as sirloin, tri-tip, ribeye, top loin (strip), tenderloin, shoulder center (Ranch Steak), shoulder top blade (Flat Iron) and shoulder petite tender, can be cut into strips and used in this recipe. You can also use Beef Stew meat. You could also use chicken if you prefer that over beef.
How Long Should I Let The Beef Marinate?
Let the meat marinate for a just a few minutes and no more than 3 hours.
Sheet pan beef and broccoli
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 pounds Chuck steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Sheet pan beef and broccoli
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine steak, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Place steak and broccoli in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until steak is browned and broccoli is just tender, about 16-18 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve steak and broccoli immediately with rice, drizzled with soy sauce mixture and garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Guys. This beef and broccoli doesn’t get any easier. It just doesn’t. Did you try our Sheet pan beef and broccoli? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us! @theloulougirls
Do you want more sheet pan dinners? Here you go!
Quick Chinese Five Spice Chicken Sheet Pan is Sweet and Spicy with perfectly caramelized sauce. Easy, quick and you only need one pan.
This is a way easier version than the stove-top! I don’t what it is but the flavor was even better and I don’t think we will ever go back!
Sheet Pan Pork Chops! Let’s face it, homemade food always tastes better and is better for you! This Sheet Pan Pork Chops recipe will be easier than going through the drive-thru, cheaper, and taste a whole lot better!