Pumpkin Curry Soup
FALL IS IN THE AIR! Raise your hand if this BRISK weather is bringing you the most joy right now, because it means it’s soup weather! Pumpkin Curry Soup will bring joy to your heart. This recipe is easy, and delicious!
Okay, I need to be honest. You would be telling me that I would be eating pumpkin soup , a few years ago, I would of told you that you were crazy! I love, love this recipe!
This easy pumpkin soup takes only one pot to make and has so many different levels of flavors. From the Thai curry, coconut, and pumpkin seeds. It’s healthy, happens to be gluten and dairy free, and is also ready in 30 minutes flat.
What Should I Serve with Pumpkin Soup?
- The ultimate soup side is bread! It can be as simple as a piece of toast to making No Knead Artisan bread.
- To keep the healthy meal going, pair this soup with a side salad or Oven Roasted Zucchini.
- This fresh salad would be perfect as a side dish Pear Craisin Maple Winter Salad
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional toppings: pumpkin seeds, Greek yogurt, chopped peanuts, chopped fresh cilantro, pepitas, and sliced red onions.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the garlic and red curry paste, and stir to combine. Sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock and coconut milk, and stir to combine.
- Using a hand blender or a traditional blender, puree the soup until smooth. I would recommend pureeing the soup in two batches. Then return it to the stockpot.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cumin, ginger, salt, and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low. Give the soup a taste, and add extra salt, pepper, and/or red curry paste if needed.
- Serve warm, sprinkled generously with your favorite toppings. Or store in a air tight container and refrigerate up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.