Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet potato soup sounds like the perfect dish for any occasion. It’s silky smooth texture will feel like home!
I used to think Sweet potatoes were only for Fall, but that isn’t the case anymore. We are seeing so many recipes that include sweet potatoes that we can eat them all year round, and they’re healthy for us. Since my husband is trying to eat Keto, this recipe is a perfect solution for that.
Plus, since we are all trying to navigate around the coronavirus, this recipe will help us build up our immune system with all these delicious veggies. Most of the stores have fresh produce because people aren’t stocking up on the veggies. Cooking is also a great activity to do while we are social distancing.
If you have someone in the family that isn’t a big fan of sweet potatoes, never fear, the vegetables are a perfect blend of yummy.
sweet potato soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or more for thinner consistency
- fresh spinach
- pine nuts
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place your sweet potatoes onto a sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool and then remove the skins.
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot on medium high heat. Add the diced onion and carrots and stir frequently for 6-8 minutes, or until the carrots have softened slightly.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and paprika. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and vegetable broth. Take your immersion blender and blend until it's creamy. If you don't have a immersion blender, use a ladle to transfer the soup ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high for one minute or until creamy. You can add more broth or water for a thinner consistency.
- To serve, pour into a bowl and garnish with yogurt, chopped pine nuts, and spinach.