Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Pasta e Fagioli Soup is inspired by Olive Garden. This recipe is plum full of beans, veggies, noodles, and sausage. This is an easy recipe to make and full of deliciousness! It goes perfect with Quick Italian Rolls and you have a very satisfying meal.
I think by now you can tell that we love soup! On Halloween, we had a Covid safe celebration outside at my mother in laws home. We all brought a big load of crockpot soup, which made me so happy!
I usually just love the creamy soups but this soup won my heart over! It’s addicting!!
You can make this soup on the stovetop or in the slow cooker. You have little prep time and lots of flavors. This soup simmers low and slow for 8 hours or quick on the stove!
The delicious smells will fill your home while this is cooking!
Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup of carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned, about 5-7 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Place sausage mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, oregano, and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 5-6 hours. Uncover and stir in pasta; cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until tender. If you are taking this to a party, you can cook the pasta according to its package and just add it right before serving.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Creamy Potato Soup is what you want for dinner tonight, trust me. This soup was a huge hit in our family!
All of the goodness of cheesy nachos packed right into this soup! Cooked to perfection and topped with tortilla chips, this soup will become an instant favorite!
Silky sweet potato soup just SOUNDS like something I want to eat on a Monday. Another big hug in a bowl; a comforting, smooth pot of flavor that is satisfying.