Pistachio Cake is lip smacking good! It’s an easy dessert since it’s made with cake mix for it’s base. Then spiced up with pineapple, coconut and instant pistachio pudding. It’s super yummy!
I have always loved pistachio salad because my grandma would make it for all the family dinners. When I realized that there was a cake, I couldn’t wait to try it!
This cake is stuffed with pineapple, nuts and coconut and flavored with pistachio pudding (this is why it’s green). You won’t have to force anyone to eat this cake because it’s beyond delicious.
- Some of my family aren’t big coconut lovers and some kind of nuts give them sores in there mouths, so I usually switch up recipes depending on who is coming to dinner. So if you don’t like coconut, leave it out!
- You can use either a yellow cake or white cake. The only difference is the color of the cake.
- If you are feeling fancy, you can add chopped maraschino cherries to the top!
A few more cakes you might enjoy
- 1 yellow or white cake mix
- 1 small box of pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup oil, vegetable or canola
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small package pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped topping
- chopped nuts and coconut for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and pineapple in a mixing bowl. Fold in coconut.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix cake on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased 9×13 pan and Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add some sour cream, at this time. Whisk for 1-2 minutes and let stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and spread creamy pudding frosting evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and coconut if desired. Refrigerate until you serve it.
I toasted my coconut before topping the cake. If you want to do the same, simply sprinkle coconut onto a sheet pan and put oven on broil. Place pan in oven and watch carefully, it takes a minute to get started but once it starts to toast it goes quickly.
Did you try this Pistachio Cake recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!