Pistachio Cake is an easy dessert made with cake mix, pineapple, coconut and instant pistachio pudding. It’s super yummy!
It’s an easy dessert full of pineapple, pecans and coconut and flavored with pistachio pudding (hence the vibrant green). This Pistachio Cake is really easy to make and suuuuper easy to eat. The coconut in the cake layers makes the cake unbelievably moist and highly addictive–so beware!
- Don’t like coconut? Leave it out! Don’t like nuts in your desserts? Leave them out too! This is your cake so do it your way.
- You can substitute yellow cake mix for white cake mix if that’s what you have; the color of the cake will just be a little different.
- You can top each slice of Pistachio Cake with a maraschino cherry just to make it fancy. But that’s totally optional!
- Store uneaten cake in the fridge for up to 2 days or in the freezer (tightly wrapped) for up to 2 months.
A few more cakes you might enjoy
- 1 yellow or white cake mix
- 1 small box of pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup oil, vegetable or canola
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small package pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped topping
- chopped nuts and coconut for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and pineapple in a mixing bowl. Fold in coconut.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix cake on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased 9×13 pan and Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add some sour cream, at this time. Whisk for 1-2 minutes and let stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and spread creamy pudding frosting evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and coconut if desired. Refrigerate until you serve it.
I toasted my coconut before topping the cake. If you want to do the same, simply sprinkle coconut onto a sheet pan and put oven on broil. Place pan in oven and watch carefully, it takes a minute to get started but once it starts to toast it goes quickly.
Did you try this Pistachio Cake recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!