EASY PINEAPPLE SUNSHINE CAKE
If you’re into quick dump recipes, you’re going to love this classic Easy Pineapple Sunshine Cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe with a basic cake mix fancied up with crushed pineapple and whipped cream. As the cherry on top, you can actually add, well, cherries!
With the snow falling outside and I’m bundling up in blankets inside my house, it’s the perfect time to bring a little sunshine into our lives!
This recipe really couldn’t be more simple. Box of cake mix with some eggs, oil, and a can of crushed pineapple, and then cool whip “frosting” made with vanilla pudding and some more pineapple. It’s not going to win any beauty contests, but it’s good.
This Pineapple Sunshine Cake is the perfect treat for potlucks, cookouts, or any time you want a lighter treat to end your meal. By lighter, I don’t necessarily mean calorie-wise … I mean as in, it’s not a heavy dessert. Although this cake is great in the spring and summertime, it’s equally welcome in the middle of winter!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple with juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and crushed pineapple with juice with a hand mixer until well combined. Pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, fold together whipped topping, vanilla pudding, and 1 can of crushed pineapple with the juice. Spread the icing mixture over the top of the cooled cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze this cake and enjoy it later.
LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU!
Leave me a comment below and let me know how this Easy Pineapple Sunshine Cake recipe works for you. Did you love it? Or did you mix it up? If you have a question about any part of the recipe, we are here for you!
Cinnamon Roll Cake is a cinnamon roll turned into an ooey-gooey delicious cake! Swirled with buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese frosting… this is the BEST cake EVER!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Has All The Flavors Of Banana Cream Pie, Just In Cake Form. With Layers Of Banana Cake, Pudding, Cream, Bananas, And Vanilla Wafers, It’s Sure To Be A Hit!
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is the perfect dessert for any celebration or family dinner. This cool, creamy, and delicious orange cake will not last long when you share it at parties this year.