HEAVEN ON EARTH CAKE RECIPE
Yummy layers of angel cake, sour cream, pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and almonds. Creamy and decadent, this cherry trifle is a sure to please a crowd!
Don’t you love recipes that are easy that you really don’t even have to think? This is it! You probably have most of the ingredients in you pantry. so you are ready to go!
The layers of cake, pudding, cherry pie, cream, and almonds, are the perfect combination.
This is a semi-homemade dessert, it’s so delicious that people will think you have been slaving away in the kitchen for hours!
I hear the angels from above singing as I dig into this cake, one bite after another.
How To Serve The Cake
No knife or spatula required! A big spoon will do the job. It’s beautiful right there or you can garnish it with more cherries, nuts or a big dollop of cream.
- 1 Angel Food Cake, prepared
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (30 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1 container (8 oz.) Cool Whip
- 1 Tbsp. almond slices, toasted (optional)
- Cut angel food cake into cubes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, layer half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the pan. Spoon ¾ of the cherry pie filling over the cake.
- Repeat cake layer. Pour pudding over the top of the cake, spreading it out evenly.
- Spoon the Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Dollop the remaining pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours, or overnight. Sprinkle almonds on top when ready to serve.
Your family doesn’t love cherries? You can switch out the cherries and use your favorite fruit!
Other great pie fillings to try as a substitute for cherry:
- Mixed berry
Love this Heaven on Earth Cake Recipe? Please let us know! Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
EASY CAKE RECIPES
If you’re into quick dump recipes, you’re going to love this classic Pineapple Sunshine Cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe with a basic cake mix fancied up with crushed pineapple and whipped cream. As the cherry on top, you can actually add, well, cherries!
Cinnamon Roll Cake is a cinnamon roll turned into an ooey-gooey delicious cake! Swirled with buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese frosting… this is the BEST cake EVER!
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is the perfect dessert for any celebration or family dinner. This cool, creamy, and delicious orange cake will not last long when you share it at parties this year.