Heaven on Earth Cake Recipe has delicious layers of angel cake, sour cream, pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and almonds. Creamy and decadent, this cherry trifle is a sure crowd pleaser!
Heaven on earth cake is one of my go-to cakes when I’m required to bring something to a party. No matter where I take it, it’s always a certified hit.
With its layers of cake, pudding, cherry pie, cream, and almonds, how can it not be? Each simple element creates a perfect harmony of flavors and textures.
Even though the elements are all store-bought, the combination is so flawless, you’ll easily fool anyone into thinking you it from scratch.
I hear the angels from above singing as I dig into this cake, one bite after another.
The layers of angel food cake, custard, cherry pie, and whipped cream are truly a work of art. I don’t know who its original artist is, but there is a special place for them in Heaven!
How To Serve The Cake
You won’t need a knife! Simply scoop the cake on plates with a large serving spoon. You can end there or garnish it with fresh fruits and berries.
- 1 Angel Food Cake, prepared
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (30 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 1 Tbsp almond slices, toasted (optional)
- Cut angel food cake into cubes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, layer half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the pan. Spoon ¾ of the cherry pie filling over the cake.
- Repeat cake layer. Pour pudding over the top of the cake, spreading it out evenly.
- Spoon the Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Dollop the remaining pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours, or overnight. Sprinkle almonds on top when ready to serve.
Not feeling the cherry almond thing today? You can easily turn this easy summertime dessert into a lemon lover’s dream.
To make a lemon angel food cake dessert, simply swap the almond extract in the filling with a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice! It tastes wonderful with the lemon pie filling.
Other great pie fillings to try as a substitute for cherry:
- Mixed berry
Love this recipe? Please let us know! Leave a comment below!
EASY CAKE RECIPES
If you’re into quick dump recipes, you’re going to love this classic Pineapple Sunshine Cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe with a basic cake mix fancied up with crushed pineapple and whipped cream. As the cherry on top, you can actually add, well, cherries!
Cinnamon Roll Cake is a cinnamon roll turned into an ooey-gooey delicious cake! Swirled with buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese frosting… this is the BEST cake EVER!
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is the perfect dessert for any celebration or family dinner. This cool, creamy, and delicious orange cake will not last long when you share it at parties this year.