Hawaiian Cake is the best spring and summer time dessert. It basically tastes like a Pina colada cake. You can not go wrong with it!
When I think of Summer I think of this awesome cake. I have made it before and it is always a hit! This recipe makes 2 full cakes. You could cut it in half and make just one cake, but then you would have half of your cake batter left over.
However, the choice is yours. Also, make sure your cream cheese is room temperature or else you’ll have chunks of cream cheese in the pudding. It will still taste amazing.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (5.1 oz. each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Mix cake batter according to package directions.
- Split the batter in half and pour into two greased 13″x 9″ baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cakes test as done. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding powder, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. (Do NOT make the pudding and then put it in)
- Add the cream cheese to the pudding mixture and beat well. Stir in the pineapple. Split the mixture in half and spread over the two cooled cakes.
- Put whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a bowl. Whisk until peaks form and then spread the whipped cream over the pudding on both cakes.
- Spread the coconut evenly on a cookie sheet. Heat the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Spread the toasted coconut over the top of the homemade whipped cream.
- Chill for at least 2 hours!!
Do you try this Hawaiian Cake recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!
Heaven on Earth Cake Recipe has delicious layers of angel cake, sour cream, pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and almonds. Creamy and decadent, this cherry trifle is a sure crowd pleaser!
Banana Poke Cake Has All The Flavors Of Banana Cream Pie, Just In Cake Form. With Layers Of Banana Cake, Pudding, Cream, Bananas, And Vanilla Wafers, It’s Sure To Be A Hit!
5 thoughts on “The Best Hawaiian Cake”
Your cake looks amazing, so refreshing with delicate flavours.
Be sure to stop by and share on Weekly Linkup.
Have a great weekend!
This sounds heavenly!
We sure enjoyed featuring your awesome post on Full Plate Thursday,535, plus we just pinned it to our features board. Thanks so much for sharing with us and hope to see you again real soon!