Pistachio Salad is a mouth watering salad recipe made with pineapple, marshmallows, cool whip, and pistachio pudding mix.
I can’t believe it’s taking me this long to put this on the blog! This recipe screams grandma! My grandma used to make this for every family gathering and we loved it! Every bite reminds me of my sassy grandma and memories of the past.
I only know this salad as a Pistachio salad but when you look it up you will see it’s called by another name! I love mysteries!
WHY IS IT CALLED THE WATERGATE SALAD?
Pistachio Fluff Salad is known by many names, like “Watergate Salad,” “Pistachio Delight,” or even “Green Stuff.” The original recipe came from General Foods (now known as Kraft).
- The directions are so easy and basically all you are doing is mixing all the ingredients together, chill and enjoy. When mixing, gently fold the ingredients together.
- Variations and Additions: You can add some maraschino cherries or even, and a few drops of green food coloring to get a brighter color.
- You need to chill the salad for at least an hour to let everything set and all the flavors marry together.
- You can add some of your favorite chopped nut for a little texture.
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounce each) JELL-O Instant Pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple
- 16 ounce Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 bag (10 ounce) mini marshmallows
- maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix with crushed pineapple. Mix with a wooden spoon until pudding mix is blended with pineapple liquids.
- Add in Cool Whip and mini marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate 1 hours or overnight. Serve with maraschino cherries as a garnish. Or, if desired, add cherries to fluff right before serving. ENJOY.
Did you try our Pistachio Salad? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
HANKERING FOR A NEW RECIPE? WE GOT YOU!
Chimichurri Potato Salad is packed with fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil! It’s perfect for mayo haters, vegans and people who just want something different.
Easy Pasta Salad is one of those staple recipes that’s been around for as long as we can remember, and for good reason — it’s amazingly delicious!
So all you have to do is boil the pasta, chop the veggies and toss everything together.
The PERFECT Salad recipe! If there is one salad recipe you need in your recipe box this is it! It’s made with fresh spring salad, cheese, flavorful bacon, sweet grapes, blue cheese crumbles and it’s all tossed with a fresh, sweet balsamic vinaigrette.