After family dinner last night we had extra strawberries and what is better than Strawberry Muffins?! Nothing is the answer you were searching for!
In the morning, I’m always looking for something good that I can grab and run out the door. These are the perfect breakfast food in my opinion because you have fruit and some carbs to sustain you! I love a good muffin, obviously bananas are my go to but these are also awesome! Try these suckers out!
- 2 cups all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off with knife, plus 2 teaspoons more for tossing with strawberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups diced strawberries, from 1 pint, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; spray the liners and the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three separate additions, alternating with the milk and ending with the flour.
- Toss the strawberries with 2 teaspoons of flour. Set 1/2 cup of the berries aside. Add the remaining berries to the batter and fold with a spatula until evenly distributed. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin; they will be very full. Scatter the reserved berries evenly over the muffins, then sprinkle the brown sugar over the center of each muffin. Keep the brown sugar off the sides of the muffin so they don’t stick.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden and a cake tester comes out clean. Run a sharp knife around the top edge of each muffin to free it from the pan if necessary (the edges can stick), then let the muffins cool in the pan for about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool completely.
LOVE MUFFINS? HERE ARE A FEW MORE RECIPES