The over-ripe banana saga continues. Chocolate chip banana muffins are literally the breakfast of champions.
Yesterday, I did banana pancakes and you are probably wondering how many bananas did this lady buy? Well let me tell you, my husband will only buy fruit from Costco now.
If you have toddlers you know they go through streaks when they will eat the same thing every meal of every day for a month and then it feels like they will never eat it again, especially when you have just replenished said item from the grocery store.
Banana’s for days. Luckily, for me, I love to bake and what not. These muffins were really good, both boys downed them and so we had nothing left to freeze, but they freeze really well.
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup regular-size Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin cups with paper liners. This recipe makes about 16 muffins, so you will need to bake in batches.
- Whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, mashed banana, egg, and vanilla until blended. Add the banana mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. Stir in chocolate.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.