My awesome brother-in-law just left on his mission to New York! His farewell was a couple of weeks ago and my assignment was to make muffins, so this week may turn into muffin week. These were the most popular ones by far. My mother-in-law specifically requested for blueberry, since I do not like blueberries, I made the most awesome batter and streusel I could think of. Give these a try, you will not regret it! They were Matthew’s favorite!
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup pecans chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Put liners in a 12-count muffin tin.
2. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together. When it is blended add one egg at a time. Add in vanilla and yogurt.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to kitchen aid mixer and then add in the milk.
4. Once batter is mixed well. Fold in the blueberries.
5. In a separate bowl mix together streusel ingredients.
6. Put 1 tablespoon of batter in the cupcake liner, then put a little of the streusel, then fill the cupcake liner all the way to the top and then cover the batter with the streusel.
7. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake 18-21 more minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!!