Lasagna is a great easy dinner idea, do you need a good spin on it? Two Sauce Lasagna is your answer. Give this recipe a try!
It’s hard to cook dinner every night, and it’s hard to not just go out to eat every night. Being a working mom and being pregnant I never want to cook or clean or really do much of anything when I get home! Two sauce lasagna doesn’t take much effort and everyone loves a good lasagna for dinner and it makes fantastic leftovers.
- 1 to 2 pounds ground beef (it just depends how meaty you want it)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small container cottage cheese
- 1 (28 oz.) bottle of Rao’s marinara
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 20 oz. or 2 1/2 cups Alfredo, I used homemade Alfredo
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion in a skillet and season the meat with salt and pepper, break up the meat into chunks.
- Drain the meat in a colander, so you can remove the extra water and grease.
- Mix beef with the Marinara sauce until the sauce is heated.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with the meat mixture. Layer the noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese, Alfredo and mozzarella cheese. Continue layers until pan is full.
- I leave some of the meat sauce to cover the top.
- Cover pan with tin foil and cook for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Take off the foil and top with Italian cheese blend and any remaining mozzarella. Return to the oven and allow the cheese to melt.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. It will be easier to cut and serve.
Have you tried our Two Sauce Lasagna? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram!
here are a few more lasagna recipes
Ravioli Lasagna is the easiest and most flavorful baked ravioli you’ll ever make! This comfort food lasagna casserole is a total crowd pleaser!
Cauliflower Baked Lasagna is a healthy dinner idea that is delicious and easy.
Sometimes dinner is good and sometimes there are no words. This is the Best Ever Crockpot Lasagna you will ever eat!