Cauliflower Baked Lasagna is a healthy dinner idea that is delicious and easy.
Dinner at our house is going to start to get crazy. I’ve been looking for new healthy recipes that are easy to make quick after I get out of school.
We’ve been trying to incorporate more vegetables into our diet. Cauliflower is a very versatile vegetable that is easy to use. It’s also pretty cheap. We didn’t have any lasagna noodles but we had everything else we needed for lasagna. Thus, Cauliflower baked lasagna was born.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 bottle of your favorite marinara
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for one more minute. Add meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return the meat to the saucepan and then add the marinara to the meat and heat up.
- In a large bowl, pour the sauce over cauliflower and stir to combine. In a square baking dish, place half the cauliflower in an even layer. Dollop all over with half the cottage cheese, and sprinkle with half the mozzarella and Parmesan. Add remaining cauliflower in an even layer on top, and top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melty and golden, about 28 to 30 minutes.
- Top with parsley before serving.