Quick and Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. This family dinner dish only takes 30 MINUTES to make! This ultimate comforting and cheesy dish is so much easier than making a conventional lasagna. After you try this skillet recipe you will never make it any other way!
I’m obsessed with skillet dinners like this Skillet Lasagna for their easy preparation and clean up. They make the perfect weeknight meal as this recipe is family friendly and ready to eat in about 30 minutes! Plus they are perfect in this hot Summer weather!
The meat: substitute ground turkey or use half ground Italian sausage for added flavor.
The cheese: substitute cottage cheese for ricotta if necessary and substitute shredded cheddar or provolone for mozzarella, if needed.
Add veggies: add chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach or other chopped veggies in step 2, and sauté.
Make ahead instructions: To prep ahead of time, make the recipe through step 2, before adding the pasta. Store it in the refrigerator and add pasta and water (step 3) when ready to cook.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PASTA RECIPES:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hamburger, onion and garlic and season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the hamburger is browned and the onion is tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until beginning to thicken, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break each lasagna noodle into 3 or 4 pieces (they don’t have to be even). Add to the boiling water and cook, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the butter and parmesan to the sauce and stir until it’s all combined and melted. Throw in the cooked lasagna noodles and ½ cup of the reserved cooking water; stir to combine, adding the rest of the reserved cooking water as needed so the noodles are well coated and a bit saucy. Add the mozzarella and stir until softened but not fully melted.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and dollop the ricotta all over the top. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
Did you try this Skillet Lasagna recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!