Do you ever have one of those nights, when dinner time rolls around and you haven’t thought once about what you’re going to make? It seems like that happens to me almost every night of the week. It made me start thinking that I needed to find super simple recipes that I can make for my family that look like I have been preparing all week.
We love tacos at our house, and most of the time, all we do is add a packet of taco seasoning to the meat and call it good. This recipe, skillet taco delight, is full of all-natural ingredients and tons of flavor. You can enjoy it as a fiesta bowl, taco filling, or even nachos. You won’t be disappointed with whatever you choose.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced and deseeded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic. Break up meat using a wooden spoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute about 5 minutes; add bell pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and Anaheim pepper; simmer until warmed through. Stir in cilantro and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado and more cilantro, if desired. Top off with a dollop of sour cream.