Skillet Taco Delight
Skillet Taco Delight! Do you ever have one of those nights, when dinner time rolls around and you haven’t thought once about what you’re going to make? It seems like that happens to me almost every night of the week.
It made me start thinking that I needed to find super simple recipes that I can make for my family that look like I have been preparing all week.
We love tacos at our house, and most of the time, all we do is add a packet of taco seasoning to the meat and call it good. This recipe, skillet taco delight, is full of all-natural ingredients and tons of flavor.
You can enjoy it as a fiesta bowl, taco filling, or even nachos. You won’t be disappointed with whatever you choose.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced and deseeded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic. Break up meat using a wooden spoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute about 5 minutes; add bell pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and Anaheim pepper; simmer until warmed through. Stir in cilantro and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado and more cilantro, if desired. Top off with a dollop of sour cream.
8 thoughts on “Delicious Skillet Taco Delight”
I am looking forward to making this and eating way more than I should!
Hi ladies, thank you for sharing your Skillet Delight, there is not a day goes by that I would choose some sort of Mexican food, especially anything that says “taco”!
Thank you for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW this week!
Have a great week!:
That happens to me all the time! Love this tasty, wholesome dish. It’s a great way to enjoy all the flavours of tacos quickly and easily! Scheduled to pin and share on the Hearth and Soul Facebook page. Thank you so much for being a part of Hearth and Soul. Hope to ‘see’ you again this week!
I am so trying this! It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
I will feature this today at Home Sweet Home!
I’m so excited! Thank you!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and hope you enjoy your new Red Plate!
Thank you sweet lady!