Bow Tie Sausage Pasta
Who loves pasta? Let me introduce Bow Tie Sausage Pasta Recipe! This is filled with creamy goodness, and flavors that will make your taste buds dance.
I love pasta dishes but I was in search of something a little different. You don’t see a lot of pasta dishes that use sausage. I’m a alfredo kind of girl and I do still love this delicious dish but recipe takes it to the next level!
Every time I get the ingredients out for a new recipe, my husband is always a skeptic. He questions every ingredient and how it’s going to go together. Every time!!!!
This dish was no exception!! As the house filled with glorious smells, his doubts started to fade away. He wants me to tell you that this has become one of his top 10 favorites of all the recipes I have made for the blog!! Yes! Even a skeptic can change their minds! lol!!
WHAT DO I DO WITH LEFTOVERS
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven or in a skillet on the stove. The pasta may have absorbed some of the liquid leaving it dried out. Feel free to add a bit more cream before heating.
Can I freeze Italian Sausage Pasta? You can but the pasta will be a little mushy. I would suggest freezing the sauce without the pasta.
What to serve with your pasta?
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) bow tie pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. mild sausage, I used Jimmy Dean’s
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large package of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Make sure to salt your water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet add the olive oil then cook and crumble the sausage and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until cooked through and browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Add the tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Did you try this Bow Tie Sausage Pasta recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you!!! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!