Skillet Steak with Potatoes and Carrots
Is steak your favorite thing to order at the restaurant? Afraid it won’t taste as good at home? If you said yes, this recipe will change your mind! It’s a quick and easy recipe for skillet steak with potatoes and carrots, that will leave your mouth watering!
It’s a one-pan dinner that looks (and tastes) fancy but is totally foolproof.
With school starting soon, I’m all about finding recipes that taste great and are so easy and fast to make. This easy weeknight dinner cooks entirely in the skillet and takes less than half an hour.
Your family will be fed and you will have time for the other million things you will need to do!
- ½ pound baby red potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ pounds sirloin or strip steak
- HERB SAUCE
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 garlic clove, smashed
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2. COOK THE STEAK: In a large oven-safe skillet, toss the potatoes and carrots with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast the potatoes until they just start to become tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3.Roast until the vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes more. Remove the veggies from the pan and reserve. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F.
- 4. Brush the steak on both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with the smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 5. Add the steak to the hot pan and sear on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side (place the pan over medium heat on the stove top if needed). Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook the steak until it reaches the desired doneness, 10 to 12 minutes more for medium rare.
- 6. Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- 7. MAKE THE HERB SAUCE: In a small bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, red-pepper flakes and olive oil to combine.
- 8. Slice the steak into thin pieces and spoon the sauce on top of the potatoes and carrots. Serve immediately.
SKILLET DINNER RECIPES
4 thoughts on “Easy Skillet Steak with Potatoes and Carrots”
Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing!
Oh, I hope you love it! We did!
Oh my goodness this looks awesome! I love one pan meals, and this is an extra special one! Thank you for sharing with the Hearth and Soul Link Party!
Oh this is perfect comfort food for the upcoming cooler and colder season. Thank you for sharing with #omhgww