Maglebys Chocolate Cake Copycat Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cocoa (minus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9×13″ pan with Crisco and then coat it with flour.
- In a small saucepan heat butter until melted on medium heat. Add water and cocoa powder and whisk until smooth, then bring to a boil and let boil for 30 seconds. Then set the pan to the side and let the mixture cool.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Then add cooled chocolate mixture and stir until just combined and smooth.
- In a small separate bowl add eggs, baking soda, baking powder, and whisk until smooth. The mixture will start to foam, but that is normal. Stir in the brown sugar and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the batter and gently stir until all combined.
- Fold the sour cream into the batter gently. Don’t over-mix it.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan & bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out with only a few crumbs.
- Let cool before frosting. If making a layered cake (this will make 2-8″ rounds), you can cover the layers with parchment paper then with a clean dish towel and place them right into the freezer. If you frost the layers frozen it makes it much easier.
- When making the frosting you want to beat butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt in a mixer with the paddle attachment until smooth. Add vanilla and milk and beat until fluffy.
- If making the layered version, you will need to make more frosting to frost between the layers and around the top and sides.
Do you love chocolate? Did you try this Maglebys Chocolate Cake Copycat Recipe? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below!
DELISH CAKE RECIPES
If you’re into quick dump recipes, you’re going to love this classic Pineapple Sunshine Cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe with a basic cake mix fancied up with crushed pineapple and whipped cream. As the cherry on top, you can actually add, well, cherries!
Cinnamon Roll Cake is a cinnamon roll turned into an ooey-gooey delicious cake! Swirled with buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese frosting… this is the BEST cake EVER!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Has All The Flavors Of Banana Cream Pie, Just In Cake Form. With Layers Of Banana Cake, Pudding, Cream, Bananas, And Vanilla Wafers, It’s Sure To Be A Hit!