Cinnamon Roll Cake is a cinnamon roll turned into an ooey-gooey delicious cake! Swirled with buttery brown sugar cinnamon and topped with a cream cheese frosting… this is the BEST cake EVER!
This delicious cake literally comes together in minutes, and since you don’t have to let it cool before frosting, it’s the perfect last-minute treat!
I’m not kidding when I say that my kids have asked to eat a slice of this cake at every meal. They think that since it’s a “Cinnamon Roll” cake that it’s perfectly suitable for breakfast. Who am I to argue with this sound logic?
I mean, this cake definitely comes together a whole lot faster than my classic Cinnamon Rolls Recipe… sooo…
- 1 (15.25- ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream (not light)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8-ounce package whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Coat a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then raise the speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the cake batter into your prepared pan. In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this evenly on top of your cake.
- Using a butter knife gently swirl the cinnamon sugar into the cake batter. Don’t over-swirl, as you want ribbons of the mixture throughout the cake. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 15-20 minutes.
To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter until combined.
Add powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon condensed milk. Beat together until well-combined.
Mix in additional condensed milk and vanilla to desired consistency.
Spread frosting over room temperature cake.
Enjoy at room temperature, or chill and enjoy cold.
Cover and chill any leftovers.