CRANBERRY ORANGE COOKIES
Cranberry Orange Cookies – These cranberry cookies are super soft, and you can’t just eat one! It’s a perfect way to showcase fresh cranberries and orange zest. These cookies will be your families favorites!
Cranberry and orange combination screams the holidays. The tartness of the cranberries, the fresh flavor of the orange – is the perfect combination of deliciousness.
We really became addicted to the cranberry orange combination last year. Ben, my son, asked me to make him some Cranberry Orange Bread and after one taste we were hooked!
Cranberry Orange Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Orange Zest, from one large orange
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Cranberries, chopped (Fresh)
- white chocolate chips for the drizzle
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugars and orange zest, to the butter. Beat for an additional 2-3 minutes; the mixture will become light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and orange juice and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly, in increments, mixing well after each addition.
- Carefully fold in the fresh, chopped cranberries by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cover baking sheets with silicone sheets or parchment paper.
- Make golf ball size balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) place them on the prepared cookie sheets at least two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for about 3 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After cookies are cool, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. I do a minute, stir, and then another minute. Be careful, white chocolate is unforgiving. If it’s cooked too long it will seize. Once melted, drizzle over the cookies. I used a squirt bottle.
Buttery and moist, these sweet cranberry cupcakes are heavy on the flavor and bursting with cranberries in each bite.
An easy, sweet side dish that you can throw together in 5 minutes. This Cranberry Salad is perfect for the Thanksgiving table, or for any night!
These Baked Holiday Turkey Sliders are a family favorite! These delicious appetizers are perfect for game day, dinner, or perfect solution for your leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
2 thoughts on “DELICIOUS CRANBERRY ORANGE COOKIES”
What pretty cookies and they sound delicious too. I love the cranberry and orange flavour combo. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party Community. I’m featuring this post at the party this week. Hope to ‘see’ you there! Take care, stay well, and Merry Christmas!