I don’t know what it is about cranberries but they seem to be a big part of the holidays! I have a new found love for them, and have enjoyed the new recipe possibilities this season. In the past, when I thought of cranberries, I just thought it was just a can of goop that you opened and placed on the table for decoration. Boy, was I wrong! These little gems are so amazing that they will become your new holiday tradition!
Ingredients: click to print
1 white cake mix
1 small box of cheesecake instant pudding
4 egg whites
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup instant cheesecake pudding mix- dry
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cranberries, minced
Glitter cranberries- recipe below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Combine all the ingredients together until fluffy and smooth.
- Fill liners about 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the cupcakes bounce back by touch.
- Let cool.
- Frosting: Combine heavy cream, pudding mix, and powdered sugar in a large bowl and whip until the frosting starts to thicken.
- Add the cranberries to the frosting and whip for another 30 seconds or until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the cupcakes and then add your glitter cranberries!
2 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
- Combine water and 2 cups sugar in a pan and heat on a medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 2 to 3 minutes. Do not let it boil, just bring it to a simmer.
- Add the cranberries to the pan and stir until the cranberries are well coated. Let them set in the water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the cranberries onto a piece of parchment paper. Make sure to keep them separated. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Roll the cranberries in the 1 cup sugar.