Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copy Cat recipe is the perfect recipe for a big family or a small get together.
Whether it’s tacos, burritos, nachos, or salads Cafe Rio sweet pork is a perfect dinner. It makes for great leftovers as well.
I have had a lot of copycat recipes with Cafe Rio sweet pork and this is by far my favorite. I have had the leftovers for the last three days and it’s been fantastic!
- 3-pound pork shoulder/butt
- 2 cups of coca-cola soda – not diet
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green chilis
- 1 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Spray inside of a large crockpot with cooking spray. Place pork roast inside. Pour 1 cup of Coca-Cola ( I used a measuring cup) and water around pork. (It does not need to cover roast) Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on High heat for 6 hours, or on Low heat 8 – 9 hours.
- Remove pork from crockpot and transfer to a cutting board. Discard liquid from crockpot. Shred pork with two forks, and remove any fat.
- Using an emersion blender, blend the remaining cup of coca-cola, the green chilies, enchiladas, and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded pork back in the crockpot. Pour the enchilada sauce mixture over the shredded pork. Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook for 2 hours on low heat.
- Serve pork on burritos, salads, nachos, and tacos.