Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copy Cat
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copy Cat recipe is the perfect recipe for a big family or a small get together.
Whether it’s tacos, burritos, nachos, or salads Cafe Rio sweet pork is a perfect dinner. It makes for great leftovers as well.
I have had a lot of copycat recipes with Cafe Rio sweet pork and this is by far my favorite. I have had the leftovers for the last three days and it’s been fantastic!
- 3-pound pork shoulder/butt
- 2 cups of coca-cola soda – not diet
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green chilis
- 1 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Spray inside of a large crockpot with cooking spray. Place pork roast inside. Pour 1 cup of Coca-Cola ( I used a measuring cup) and water around pork. (It does not need to cover roast) Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on High heat for 6 hours, or on Low heat 8 – 9 hours.
- Remove pork from crockpot and transfer to a cutting board. Discard liquid from crockpot. Shred pork with two forks, and remove any fat.
- Using an emersion blender, blend the remaining cup of coca-cola, the green chilies, enchiladas, and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded pork back in the crockpot. Pour the enchilada sauce mixture over the shredded pork. Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook for 2 hours on low heat.
- Serve pork on burritos, salads, nachos, and tacos.
I have never really loved a lot of heat on my tacos, but I’m growing up and branching out! These beef tacos really hit the spot and did not need too much to go with them.
A little cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, or anything you love. They were absolutely great!
What could be better than Baked Chicken Tacos on a weeknight? Spice up your dinner routine with these tasty and fun to make 7 ingredient tacos.
They are packed full of FLAVOR and are ready in under 30 minutes.
Dinner tonight should be tacos, it should always be tacos! Barbecue Mango Fish Tacos are the best tacos you will ever make at home!
It’s summer and it’s time for some new recipes! They had the cutest flour street taco tortillas at Walmart and so we had to use them, obviously. We decided to make Hawaiian Steak Street Tacos! SOOO freaking delicious!