Dinner tonight should be tacos, it should always be tacos! Barbecue Mango Fish Tacos are the best tacos you will ever make at home!
Fish is one of Matt’s favorite foods. I am allergic to fish and so he never gets it. I started to feel bad about that, so I decided to make these for him and I made a chicken version for me. This will work for chicken and fish, we used salmon for these and Matt was in heaven. The chicken version was equally good! Give this recipe a go and you will not regret it!
- 1 fresh Mango, diced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 cups packaged tricolor coleslaw
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 oz fresh salmon
- 8 – 6 inch flour tortillas
- 2 avocados sliced
- Place half the diced mango in a blender or food processor. Add barbecue sauce; puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine 2/3 cup of the barbecue sauce mixture, the mayo and lime juice. Save the remaining mixture for later. Add the remaining mango, the coleslaw and green onions. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill fish on the greased rack of a covered gas grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness or until fish flakes when tested with a fork, brushing generously with the reserved 1/3 cup barbecue sauce mixture during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Wrap tortillas in foil and place on the grill rack to warm them up.
- To serve, fill warm tortillas with coarsely flaked fish, coleslaw, and avocado.