We had Slow Cooker Beef Tacos for Taco Tuesday and you should too!
I have never really loved a lot of heat on my tacos, but I’m growing up and branching out! These beef tacos really hit the spot and did not need too much to go with them.
A little cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, or anything you love. They were absolutely great!
- 2–3 lb. chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup roasted green chilis
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste then sear all sides over medium high heat in some olive oil until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- Combine cayenne, cumin, paprika and garlic with the beef broth. Add tomato paste, green chilis and lime juice and stir to mix.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker and toss in diced onions.
- Pour the beef broth mixture over the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Shred beef with two forks and toss to coat with the juices.
- Dish and serve hot with toppings.
SLOW COOKER RECIPES
This soup is one of our family’s favorites! It’s so delicious, it takes a lot more ingredients than I usually use but IT IS WORTH IT!