Hawaiian Steak Street Tacos
Hawaiian Steak Street Tacos! It’s summer and it’s time for some new recipes! They had the cutest flour street taco tortillas at Walmart and so we had to use them, obviously. We decided to make Hawaiian Steak Street Tacos! SOOO freaking delicious!
Okay, I have always loved teriyaki! We were at Walmart and I was walking up and down every aisle trying to decide what I wanted to eat on my last week of pregnancy. I mean I didn’t know it was my last week of pregnancy but that’s another story for another day!
I could not decide what I wanted to eat, everything gave me heartburn, and my kid came out with a ton of hair. Wive’s tale proven. Anyways, this recipe was super great! Give it a try!
- Flour Street tacos
- 2 Thick Ribeye Steaks
- Your favorite bottle of Teriyaki
- 4 cups Tricolor Coleslaw
- 4 green onions
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Slice your thick steak into strips big enough that they won’t fall through the grill. Then put in a gallon Ziploc bag to marinate in your favorite teriyaki sauce (reserve 3 tablespoons). We found a Hawaiian Teriyaki sauce at Walmart. There were a bunch of options. We let ours marinate for 3 hours.
- While the steak marinates mix together mayo, chopped green onions, salt, pepper, and ginger. Then add reserved teriyaki and sugar. Mix in with coleslaw.
- Cut the pineapple into strips for grilling. Keep one out and dice about 1/4 cup into little pieces and mix in with coleslaw. Put everything in the fridge until you are ready to eat. I like to make the coleslaw ahead of time so it has time to marry.
- When you are ready to eat turn the grill to medium-high heat and cook the meat and pineapple until cooked. About 3 to 5 minutes each side.
- Put coleslaw in the shell and top with cooked meat. Serve with grilled pineapple and rice.