The Best Carrot Bread
This best Carrot bread recipe is what you dances through your dreams! Easy to make, chuck full of flavor and I bet you have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
I love making dessert breads because they are so easy to make and seem to be a no fail recipe. Banana bread and lemon poppy seed bread are a few of my favorites. But then we met carrot bread. The carrots combined with the perfect spices and topped with cream cheese couldn’t be any better! My husband has always loved carrot cake, but this is just as good but less fuss.
- FOR THE BREAD
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2 c. grated carrots (from about 4 medium)
- 3/4 c. raisins
- raw sugar
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9"-x-5" loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. While whisking, slowly pour in oil until well combined, then add vanilla. Stir dry ingredients into wet until just combined. Fold in carrots, and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with raw sugar on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon salt and beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting over loaf and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
3 thoughts on “The Best Carrot Bread”
Looks delicious! Cream cheese frosting is one of my favourites especially for carrot cake/bread.
Your Carrot Bread looks amazing, we are going to love it! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us soon!