The Best Carrot Bread
This is The Best Carrot Bread Cake you’ll ever make. It’s soft and FULL of carrot cake flavor with a delicious cream cheese frosting!
I know Carrot Cake has normally deemed dessert but since it’s in loaf form, I also call this a breakfast recipe. Yes?
In the world of quick bread, banana bread and lemon poppy seed bread used to be our favorite. But then we met carrot bread. Which on its own, though nice and spiced, could be rather humble. But spread some cream cheese frosting on top and you’ve got CARROT. CAKE. BREAD. It’s not as dramatic is our layered carrot cake, but it’s just as good.
My husband absolutely loves Carrot cake. For some reason, it always feels like it’s a big task to make the cake. That is not the case for Carrot Bread. It’s like carrot cake in a loaf form, it’s perfect for breakfast. It seems to be a perfect Spring favorite, but I think we need to start a revolution and enjoy it year-round.
The carrot bread is easier to slice and store and would be so fun to give to your loved ones or friends. Okay, I’m a big frosting lover but I think the cream cheese frosting gives the finishing touch to this bread. It’s so moist and full flavor that you will fall in love.
- FOR THE BREAD
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2 c. grated carrots (from about 4 medium)
- 3/4 c. raisins
- raw sugar
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9"-x-5" loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. While whisking, slowly pour in oil until well combined, then add vanilla. Stir dry ingredients into wet until just combined. Fold in carrots, and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with raw sugar on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon salt and beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting over loaf and sprinkle with chopped almonds.