Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! My family loves any kind of bread! From the sweet to the savory, they make our hearts happy! In the past, we have shared a couple of banana bread recipes on the blog and I love them both.
Today, I will be sharing a chocolate chip banana bread recipe with a little twist to it. This one does have chocolate and a few spices but the biggest difference is that it’s lighter and fluffier.
I love making desserts bread because it is so easy to make and I’m pretty sure no one can fail at making it.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest- grated
- 2 super ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest. Stir in the mashed bananas. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool 30 minutes in the pan. Using a butter knife, run it around the edges of the loaf to make it easier to remove, and then turn it out onto the counter top.
DESSERT BREAD RECIPES