Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! My family loves any kind of bread! From the sweet to the savory, they make our hearts happy! In the past, we have shared a couple of banana bread recipes on the blog and I love them both.
Today, I will be sharing a chocolate chip banana bread recipe with a little twist to it. This one does have chocolate and a few spices but the biggest difference is that it’s lighter and fluffier.
I love making desserts bread because it is so easy to make and I’m pretty sure no one can fail at making it.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest- grated
- 2 super ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest. Stir in the mashed bananas. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool 30 minutes in the pan. Using a butter knife, run it around the edges of the loaf to make it easier to remove, and then turn it out onto the counter top.
DESSERT BREAD RECIPES
6 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Banana Bread”
I’m printing out your recipe as I type! This chocolate chip banana bread looks so good. I just bought bananas today, I hope they hurry up and get ripe so I can bake this bread. 🙂 Pinned to my Breads board.
Thank you for sharing your recipe with us at this week’s #HomeMattersParty
It is so good! You will love it! Thanks for stopping by!
This sounds interesting. I never would have thought to mix chocolate chips in with banana bread!
It is so good!!!!
Your Chocolate Chip Banana Bread looks awesome, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great day and we sure look forward to more of your recipes!
Come Back Soon,
What a lovely banana bread recipe! I like the addition of the chocolate chips and it looks so moist and delicious. Scheduled to pin. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.