My family loves any kind of bread! From the sweet to the savory, they make our hearts happy! In the past, we have shared a couple of banana bread recipes on the blog and I love them both.
Today, I will be sharing a chocolate chip banana bread recipe with a little twist to it. This one does have chocolate and a few spices but the biggest difference is that it’s more lighter and fluffier.
I love making desserts bread because it is so easy to make and I’m pretty sure no one can fail at making it.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest- grated
- 2 super ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest. Stir in the mashed bananas. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool 30 minutes in the pan. Using a butter knife, run it around the edges of the loaf to make it easier to remove, and then turn it out onto the counter top.
DESSERT BREAD RECIPES