Sometimes you just need brownies in your life, Kit Kat Brownies are the only brownies you need.
Mine and Lisa’s favorite candy bar is a Kit Kat, obviously. That is the best candy bar. Anyways, now that summer seems to be in full swing, we are going to be bringing you a good dessert a week brought to you by the Lewis sisters. This was first on our list because we had never had Kit Kats in brownies before. We thought these turned out awesome!
- Betty Crocker fudge brownie box mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 36 Kit Kat Bars, Divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Prepare the brownie batter according to the package instructions, but replace the water with milk and the oil with butter. Pour half of the batter in the prepared pan. Lightly press 18 to 20 Kit Kat bars into the brownie batter, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake until the toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. ( I definitely did not wait, I like warm brownies. That’s why there are no pictures of cut brownies. We ate them warm and they fell apart. Rookie mistake. But was it a mistake. These were delicious warm.)
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together until smooth. Add in sugar, cocoa powder, salt and whipping cream. Mix until smooth. Spread in an even layer over the brownies. Chop remaining Kit Kat bars and sprinkle on the frosting. Cut into squares and serve.