These bars offer the best of both worlds, cookie-wise: The edges are crisp and browned if you like crust, but the center cuts are extra gooey and rich. Cookie Chip Cookie Bars will be your new favorite!
Chocolate chip cookie bars are here to save the day! This recipe comes together in a snap and makes a perfect batch of soft, chewy cookie bars. You can easily scale the recipe up for a crowd or make this ahead for an amazing on-demand treat.
We are lovers of a good chocolate chip cookie. Sometimes it’s really great when you can throw all the ingredients in one pan to get that result.
I served them at Sunday dinner and they were a big hit! Actually, my grandson handed one through the fence to our neighbor and he gave it two thumbs up as well!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted and then cooled to room temperature
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with heavy-duty foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan on the long sides of the pan. Lightly spray the foil-lined pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, corn starch, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and whisk until well combined. With a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture. When about half-way combined, add chocolate chips and continue to fold until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. This will be very thick. Press evenly into pan using the spatula and/or your fingertips.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes or so, or until the top is light golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. For the chewiest bars, do not over bake. Remove pan to cool to room temperature. Lift bars from pan using the foil overhangs. Transfer to cutting board and cut into squares with a knife