Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are the best of both worlds! The crunchy edges are so crisp, browned and just waiting for you to take a big bite! The center cuts are extra ooey, gooey and rich. Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars will be your new favorite!
Are you looking for something delicious? Chocolate chip cookie bars are here to save the day! This recipe is so easy to make and make these incredible tasting cookie bars. You can make this ahead or even freeze it for a later date.
The truth is that I love the cookie bar more than the single cookie. You can throw everything into the pan and wait a few minutes. Then you have a pan of yummy cookies!
I served them at Sunday dinner and they were a big hit! Actually, my grandson handed one through the fence to our neighbor and he gave it two thumbs up as well!
Cookie Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted and then cooled to room temperature
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Cookie Chip Cookie Bars
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with heavy-duty foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan on the long sides of the pan. Lightly spray the foil-lined pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, corn starch, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and whisk until well combined. With a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture. When about half-way combined, add chocolate chips and continue to fold until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. This will be very thick. Press evenly into pan using the spatula and/or your fingertips.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes or so, or until the top is light golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. For the chewiest bars, do not over bake. Remove pan to cool to room temperature. Lift bars from pan using the foil overhangs. Transfer to cutting board and cut into squares with a knife
Do you love this Cookie Chip Cookie Bars recipe? Please let us know! We would love you to leave us a comment below!
14 thoughts on “Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars”
These look so delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe
I am on a low calorie diet – I need to unsee these! They look so good. Maybe something different to make for the kiddies
I’m sorry! lol! the kids will love them!
Omg these look delicious. I love chocolate chip cookies and so do my kids.
These cookies look awesome! I really want to try them.
Ohh this looks so yummy! I can’t wait to try them!
Yum yum YUM!
Give me all the chocolate chip cookies!!!!
Omgness, these look absolutely delicious. I’ll definitely be trying out this recipe very soon. Thanks for sharing.
Oh goody, one dish and done to get the chocolate chip cookie fix! Pinned.
YUM, looks good! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 14, open July 1 to 26. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.
What a lovely treat! I would definitely enjoy one of these with a cup of tea or coffee! Thank you for sharing your wonderful Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Have a lovely 4th of July.
Tyvm! You have some amazing dessert recipes! I am going to try several of them over the holidays!