Sugar Cookie Bar
Sugar Cookie Bar! We are a big fan of the sugar cookie and we make them for everything special occasion.
It was a no-brainer to make a sugar cookie bar. They are so delicious and easy to make. Seriously, I made these last night and they are gone this morning!
This is going to be my go-to recipe from now on!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangular baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until they're creamed together.
- Beat in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and until combined. The mixture may appear slightly crumbly but this is normal.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan with your hands or a flat kitchen object like the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake for about 16-17 minutes, making sure that no browning occurs on the edges. If the edges start to brown, remove the base from the oven immediately.
- Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter and cream cheese well blended. Add the vanilla and food coloring, and mix.
- Add the powdered sugar becomes light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the completely cooled sugar cookie base and top with sprinkles.
COOKIE BAR RECIPES
These bars offer the best of both worlds, cookie-wise: The edges are crisp and browned if you like crust, but the center cuts are extra gooey and rich. Cookie Chip Cookie Bars will be your new favorite!
This recipe has so many factors to start a dance party in your mouth, it will make you happy the rest of the day!
Who remembers their favorite dessert from school lunch? Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars were my favorite. Practically perfect in every way.
3 thoughts on “Delicious Sugar Cookie Bar”
They look sooo good! I’m pretty sure I would eat the whole pan by myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe 🙂
I have such a soft spot for sugar cookies, and for sprinkles! Love this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing it, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Have a lovely weekend!
I love sugar cookie bars and this recipe looks like a good one. Thank you for sharing on A Round Tuit.