We are a big fan of the sugar cookie and we make them for everything special occasion. It was a no-brainer to make a sugar cookie bar. They are so delicious and easy to make. Seriously, I made these last night and they are gone this morning!
This is going to be my go-to recipe from now on!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangular baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until they're creamed together.
- Beat in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and until combined. The mixture may appear slightly crumbly but this is normal.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan with your hands or a flat kitchen object like the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake for about 16-17 minutes, making sure that no browning occurs on the edges. If the edges start to brown, remove the base from the oven immediately.
- Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter and cream cheese well blended. Add the vanilla and food coloring, and mix.
- Add the powdered sugar becomes light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the completely cooled sugar cookie base and top with sprinkles.
COOKIE BAR RECIPES