If you live in Utah, you know that one of the biggest football rivalries we have is the Utah and BYU game. I have children that have graduated or are attending Utah and BYU and so the game can be so quite entertaining!
Well, the big game was last Saturday, and it was pretty amazing and really fun to watch, and you can’t watch a game without food! So we broke out the yummy goodness and one of those delights was the BBQ chicken stuffed french bread!
In the past, I have made a stuffed hamburger french bread and my kids loved this and is one of their favorite meals, so I thought it was time to take it up a notch and try something new! It is great as an appetizer or even a main course meal but I’m pretty sure that you will love it!
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce- your choice
- 2 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 loaded cups shredded chicken
- 1 package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a knife, cut into the French bread about 2 inches deep, and removing the bread. Make sure not to cut into the bottom of the bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, garlic and all the seasonings, until well combined.
- Stir in the chicken and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon the dip into the prepared French bread and top with the remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Bake on a baking tray for about 30 to 35 minutes. Let bread sit for a few minutes and then slice! Enjoy!!
QUICK AND EASY MEALS