- I usually find myself finally thinking about dinner when I’m already starving, and I’m definitely no chef, so I’m all about quick and easy but impressive meals. This one definitely falls into that category! It takes about 14 minutes, leaves no mess, and is SO FLAVORFUL!!! Plus, Gnocchi is kind of uncommon so it makes you look cool when you use it. (or at least that’s what I tell myself… 😉
- Oh, and did I mention each serving is under 200 calories???
- 1 (4.5-ounce) Ground Turkey Italian Sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (Found in the pasta isle)
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro* (undrained)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- *This is my secret ingredient! Normally this recipe calls for italian-style stewed tomatoes, but one time I accidentally put in the lime/cilantro kind and it was so much better! It adds a lot of flavor. I’ve also done this with fresh tomatoes, lime, and cilantro and it was great but… messier and not as quick.
1. Cook sausage in a skillet until browned
2. In a large pot add cooked sausage, water, gnocchi, beef broth, and undrained can of tomatoes.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes (or until gnocchi float to the top).
4. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese!