Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole is a creamy and easy dinner that your whole family will love. This will be the best you ever make!
I have been looking for recipes that will be good for my husband that is doing keto and something the rest of us can enjoy. This fits the bill! The only variation you need to do for keto is to eliminate the crunchy topping. So I did half and half! If you are super organized and you prepare all your meals at the first of the week, this one will work! You will have no problem freezing it!
This is a perfect recipe to use your rotisserie chicken in! If you choose to do that, you can put this together in minutes!
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced (about 2-3 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10.75 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers about 1 cup crushed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add cooked chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, both cheeses, and poppy seeds. Mix until incorporated. Place in casserole pan.
- Melt butter in a skillet and then add crushed Ritz cracker. Roast crumbs for a couple of minutes, stir constantly. Sprinkle on top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.