We were sitting in church and Lisa leaned over to me and asked me when I was going to make this……..I haven’t made this dish for several years. Not because its not great but I had just forgotten about this yummy recipe!
This is quick and easy and your family will eat the WHOLE thing!!!
1 loaf of french bread
1 pound of lean hamburger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, combine hamburger, garlic and onions. Season with the salt and pepper. Brown the meat and then drain the meat but make sure you don’t lose the garlic and onions.
- Place skillet with meat mixture on the medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes. Combine soup and sour cream to the meat mixture.
- Heat meat mixture until its bubbling. Then set aside.
- Slice French bread in half and pull out of the middle of the bread, making a bowl in each half. Place bread on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Fill the middle of one side of the bread with the meat mixture and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with the other half of the bread.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is crunchy!
- Slice to serve