Orange Cream Bread
Orange Cream Bread! Calling all orange dreamsicle fans out there… this recipe is for you! This bread is heavenly! Delicious orange flavor paired with cream cheese icing- it is truly a must-make recipe!
Oranges!!!! Just the smell makes me happy inside because it brings so many great memories that flood my mind. It screams summer, Disneyland, and spending time as a family. I know, it’s pretty crazy that one smell can cause so many emotions but it’s true! I know, I have been pushing Summer this week but I’m so excited!
Last month, I made the Orange Skinny Poke Cake
, and ever since then, I have been in the mood for orange recipes. I was so pleasantly surprised by this one. The bread is so light and fluffy that it almost melts in your mouth, and the flavor smacks you in the face, and lets you know that it’s going to be a great day! You know you need to make this one!
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Cream Cheese filling
8-ounce cream cheese, whipped
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the oil, butter, eggs, milk, sugar, orange juice, and vanilla. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, eggs, and flour.
- Fill the loaf pans each with a layer of batter. ( Remember you will need the same amount to cover the filling)
- Spoon in 1/2 of the cream cheese filling onto the top of each loaf pan. Swirl the cream cheese filling by using a butter knife.
- Pour equal amounts of the remaining batter onto the tops of each loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Frosting: Cream the butter in a medium bowl. Add the powdered sugar, orange juice, and heavy cream. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Let bread cool in pans for about 10 minutes and then remove them from the pans. Let cool completely and then frost the tops of the loaves.
DESSERT BREAD RECIPES