I swear, when you’re trying to eat less treats, you crave more treats! My husband has been trying to lose weight and he gets a friendly text from his son each night, encouraging him to eat well. I have been trying to come up with meals that have tons of flavor and you don’t feel like your missing out on something. I also have two teen girls who are very active and I want to take care of them and not make them feel like they are on a diet.
Seriously, this is so good that you feel like you have cheated big time on your diet! I would make this for a family picnic and there wouldn’t be one person who would know that you used sugar free ingredients. Happy dance time!!!!
1 box white cake mix
10 ounces diet lemon lime soda- I used Sprite Zero
2 egg whites
1 sugar-free orange Jell-o
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 8 ounce package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
The juice from a orange
1 8 ounce tub of sugar free whipped topping
- Preheat oven according to the box directions. spray a 9 inch pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, diet soda, and egg whites. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan.
- Decrease the cooking time by 5 minutes from the box instructions. The cake is ready if you lightly touch the top and it bounces back.
- Remove the cake from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a toothpick, poke tons of holes into the cake .
- Mix the Jell-o with the boiling water and stir for 2 minutes or until it dissolves completely. Add the cold water and mix. Pour the Jell-o over the cake. Place in the fridge until it’s completely cooled.
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined well. Add the orange juice, mix well. Pour the mixture over the cake and you can garnish with slices of oranges. Now do your dance of joy!