This easy Chocolate Banana Bread is moist, tender, and a chocolate lover’s dream! It is the BEST banana bread recipe.
It happened again! I bought bananas from the store and nobody ate them! Around here I think they do it on purpose so we can make banana bread. I’m not mad but I do want them to eat a banana for their health every once in a while.
This chocolate banana bread is so rich and delicious, you could top it off with a scoop of ice cream and have a fancy dessert. The chocolate chips and cocoa powder give it a rich chocolate flavor, while the sour cream makes it so moist! You just can’t go wrong with this recipe!
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas, from 2-3 brown bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until there are no more lumps in the cocoa powder and the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients and beat gently until just combined. Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla and mix on low speed to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let the loaf rest in the pan for about 10 minutes, run a blunt knife around the edges to loosen, then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely.
let’s talk bananas!