Skillet Tuscan Tortellini Bake
You can have a fabulous dish on the table in less than 30 minutes while using one skillet! Perfect for any busy family or for a special occasion.
The weather is changing outside, so I have been looking for dishes that are hearty and full of flavor. This dish is perfect for this.
I’m always amazed that you can make such a delicious dish with only one skillet. Since I hate doing dishes this makes my heart sing!
TIPS AND TRICKS
TORTELLINI: I always use the refrigerated tortellini. It seems to be fresher than the dry version. I use the cheese tortellini but go ahead and use your favorite!
SPINACH: Not a spinach lover? Try chopping up some kale leaves.
PROTEIN: This recipe doesn’t call for protein but it would enhance the recipe nicely. Italian sausage or shredded chicken would be so good!
VEGETABLES: Love veggies? Throw in diced bell peppers, carrots or even zucchini. Want a little spice? Dice up a jalapeno!
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped (about 2/3 c.), plus 2 tbsp. tomato oil
- 2 oz. pancetta, finely chopped
- 6 oz. grape tomatoes, halved (about 1 c.)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 to 4 cups. spinach
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, torn
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and stir in 1 tablespoon salt. Cook tortellini, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 2 minutes less than package instructions. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water before draining. In colander.
- Place pancetta in a cold, large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden brown on all sides, about 12 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and grape tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until grape tomatoes begin to break down, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cream and pasta water and bring to a boil, and then turn it to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until melted. Add spinach and tortellini and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Preheat broiler to high. Top skillet with mozzarella. Broil, watching closely, until cheese is melty and starting to brown in some spots, 3 to 4 minutes. Top with red pepper.
Did you try our Skillet Tuscan Tortellini Bake? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
SKILLET DINNERS LOVE MOMS
Nestled under moist, buttery cornbread layer is a flavorful beef that is smothered in a zesty sauce. So easy to make and perfect on those busy nights!
Chicken and Rice is one of the most beloved comfort dinners ever! We just made it even better! We used a skillet!
Quick and Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe. Who loves lasagna? This dish only takes 30 MINUTES ! It’s the perfect comfort food in one pan! It’s cheesy and full of flavor and so much easier than make than traditional lasagna. After you try this skillet recipe you will never make it any other way!