This is a breakfast for Champions! Breakfast sliders are loaded with sausage, egg and ooey gooey cheese! Great for breakfast and dinner. This isn’t your mommas recipe!
I love sliders because they are so easy to make and chuck full of yumminess! I don’t know a soul that doesn’t take a bite of these and leave happy!
There something about the size of a slider that just makes these a happy food!
TIPS AND TRICKS
PROTEIN: We love sausage but if that’s not your choice of meat, swap it out for bacon, ham or a handful of veggies.
ROLL: I used Hawaiian rolls but any kind of slider bun will do. You can also use a biscuit. Yum!
CHEESE: I’m a cheddar girl but Provolone, Pepper Jack or even Swiss would be so delicious!
SWEET: If you are looking for a sweet and salty profile. Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter combined with maple syrup.
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 9 large eggs, divided
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 tsp.black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 12 cheddar cheese slices
- everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and honey.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage and onion, stirring frequently, until the sausage is no longer pink and the onion is softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the sausage mixture to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 8 eggs, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In the same nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and let cook in a single layer for about 30 seconds. Stir, occasionally, for the next 1 to 2 minutes to create large curds of scrambled egg.
- Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise through all of the rolls at once to divide the top half from the bottom (keeping the biscuits attached to one another). Place the bottom half of the biscuits on a baking sheet. Spread with the mayonnaise mixture, then top with a single layer of sliced cheese. Add the sausage mixture in an even layer, then add the eggs in an even layer. Top the eggs with another single layer of sliced cheese. Top with the top half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg white. Brush the top of the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Bake until the rolls are toasted and the cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Pull the biscuits apart and serve warm.
Did you try our Breakfast Sliders? What did you think? Did you love them? We would love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
SLIDERS ON PARADE
Chili Cheese Dog Heaven! These tasty little sliders are perfect for game day or an easy family dinner!
These Steak sliders are chuck full of tender steak, gooey cheese, caramelized onions, and a butter sauce too die for! Perfect for family dinner or a party with friends!
Baked Holiday Turkey Sliders are a perfect solution for turkey leftovers! These yummy appetizers are perfect for game day, or even a delicious dinner!