These Steak sliders are chuck full of tender steak, gooey cheese, caramelized onions, and a butter sauce too die for! Perfect for family dinner or a party with friends!
I’m in love with slider sandwiches! Perfect handheld sandwich that has over the top flavor! Can you imagine what your family will think when you bring these out for dinner? Yes, please!!!
WHAT KIND OF STEAK SHOULD YOU USE?
We used Rib Eye steak for our sliders but feel free to use your favorite cut of meat. Heck, if you aren’t a big beef fan, feel free to use chicken!
- FOR THE SLIDERS
- 1 1/ 2 pounds steak, we used ribeye
- olive oil as needed
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 9 slider buns
- 3/ 4 pound sliced swiss cheese
- FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER
- 1 stick butter
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chives minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare steaks by trimming excess fat and silver skin if needed.Rub with oil and season your steaks well on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Wrap steaks in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours for optimum seasoning penetration.
MAKE COWBOY BUTTER
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and whisk continually. Add lemon juice and zest, garlic, dijon, and dry seasonings.
- Remove from heat and add chives and fresh parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon out a few tablespoons into a small bowl for use on the steaks as they grill. Set aside the remaining butter for slider buns.
- Preheat grill to medium-high with an indirect heat zone. Remove steaks from the fridge and allow them to rest at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Cook steaks over direct heat for about 2-3 minutes per side, being sure not to char them. If high flames appear, move them to indirect heat until flame subsides.
- Brush both sides with cowboy butter as they cook. After 5-6 minutes of total cook time, move the steaks to indirect heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove and allow steaks to rest on a plate with tented foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill over direct heat. Add a few tablespoons of butter into the skillet, once it melts add the sliced onions. Allow onions to cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
PREPARE & ASSEMBLE SLIDERS
- Preheat oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the sliders and brush the inside of the slider buns with all remaining cowboy butter. Add the swiss cheese to the top and bottom buns then add the grilled onions to the bottom buns.
- Place a few strips of sliced steak per bottom slider. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Place the top sliders over the steak, slice and enjoy!
Did you try our Steak Sliders recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
SLIDERS FOR THE WIN
Pizza sliders are about to become your new favorite appetizer. They are brushed with a buttery Italian seasoning glaze and filled with all of your favorite pizza toppings, each bite is truly breathtaking!
Meatball Sliders! Let me introduce the easiest dinner or appetizer recipe in town, Meatball Sliders! There are nights that you need something that isn’t hard to put together but your family will love!