Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken
Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken is seriously the best bbq chicken sandwich ever!
Now that school is in full swing, we’re going back to crockpot to make sure I plan something. By the time we get home the kids are starving and I’m starving and I’m usually too tired to stand and cook. Plus, the munchkins want snuggles and I’m all about that life.
Ellie doesn’t want to be put down by the time we get home, and I’m not mad about. This is the perfect dinner idea for you, you could also do tacos if you don’t have buns or even nachos as well. The meat tastes great!
- 1 to 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, (I used Kinder’s Mild BBQ sauce)
- 1/4 Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/4 Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 bag tricolor coleslaw mix
- 3/4 mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the crockpot mix together the bbq sauce, dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire and salt. Once mixed put in your chicken and coat with the sauce.
- Cook on low for about 3 to 4 hours until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees and is shreddable.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the onions, mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Then add in the cabbage mixture, stir and coat the cabbage with the mayo mixture, then cover and put in the fridge.
- When the chicken is done, shred and then allow it to sit in the sauce in the crockpot until you are ready to eat. Make sure to turn it to warm so the chicken doesn’t dry out.
- Serve on a bun or tortilla and enjoy!!
Did you try our Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Crockpot Orange Marmalade Ribs are a product of trying to use up the random things we have on hand. It was a success!
Easy foolproof dinner idea, Crockpot Rice A Roni Soup! This is easy and delicious!