Key Lime Lush
Hello Summer! This sweet and tangy dessert is the dish of the season!
My family absolutely loves lime flavored desserts! I think they are converting me to their way of thinking!
On the 4th of July, we had a quick get together at my daughter’s home. I wanted to make something delicious but easy. This is the perfect solution! It’s a perfect dessert for BBQ’s, parties, or just because.
This will put a smile on your face!
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the baking dish
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- One 8-ounce package whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- One 16-ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- One 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Spray an 8-inch baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the butter, granulated sugar and 1 1/2 cups of the crushed graham crackers in a medium bowl. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and freeze for 15 minutes to set.
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt, lime juice and two-thirds of the zest in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping to lighten. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth with an offset spatula. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to partially set.
- Meanwhile, mix the instant pudding powder, milk and lime juice in a bowl. Whisk until thick, about 2 minutes. Pour over the filling. Top with the remaining whipped topping, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Top with the remaining graham cracker crumbs and lime zest before serving.
Did you try our Key Lime Lush recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE DESSERTS
This means we get this delicious Creamy Strawberry Dessert “salad” as well as a dessert! I know, we are a little crazy but seriously, this dessert is soooooo good that I’m asked to bring it for most special occasions, and it’s the first thing to go.
Frozen Strawberry Dessert! Summer is the time for frozen treats with shave ice, slushies and ice cream. This is a dessert with all fresh ingredients and perfect for a summertime treat! Matthew loved this dessert! Give it a shot, you will not regret it!
This is a creamsicle in a pie! It’s quick and easy and made in only minutes. This recipe will go to the top of family faves recipes!
Nothing says a party in a pan, like Pina Colada Bread Pudding! This coconut dream is perfect for dessert, bbq or even breakfast! It will have you at the very first bite!