SHEET PAN STRAWBERRY SLAB PIE
Springtime is in the air! Nothing is better than Strawberry Slab Pie in the Spring. Fresh strawberries are the perfect filling for this flaky pie crust!
Slab pies are a great answer to feeding a whole crew at a potluck dinner or perfect for your little family. Slab pies are made on sheet pans. This is an easy and delicious way to make a pie. Heck, everyone will think you have been cooking for hours. Take it to another level, by adding a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream!
If you don’t like strawberries or you don’t have any you can replace them with apple, peach, or berry, or festive ones like pumpkin, chocolate, or pecan.
You can use frozen fruit so you can enjoy this dish all year long but make to dry off your fruit so you don’t have unwanted moisture.
SHEET PAN STRAWBERRY SLAB PIE will please well after the party! It’s perfect for a midnight snack…..if you have any left!
Sheet Pan Strawberry Slab Pie
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust ( you can use puff pastry too) Remember to take your fork and stab a few times.
- 6 oz. strawberry jello
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 oz. sprite (2 ½ cups)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 32 oz. strawberries, washed and tops removed
- Whipped topping or whipped cream for garnish.
SHEET PAN STRAWBERRY SLAB PIE
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Turn both pie crusts out on a lightly floured surface and stack one on top of the other. Roll them out to roughly a 12×17-inch rectangle, then transfer the crust to a sheet pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Tuck any excess crust under itself, then crimp edges as desired, pricking the bottom and sides all over with a fork.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown, then remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together jello packet, sugar, and cornstarch, then pour in sprite and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring until thickened, then remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Once the crust has cooled, arrange sliced strawberries on top, then pour (cooled) filling carefully on top.
- Refrigerate slab pie for 2 hours or longer, or until set, then slice, serve and enjoy.
We love to hear from you when you make your own Sheet Pan Strawberry Slab Pie ! Did you love it? Did you make your family drool? Leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram!
LOOKING FOR MORE YUMMY DESSERTS?
Summer is the time for frozen treats with shave ice, slushies, and ice cream. This is a dessert with all fresh ingredients and perfect for a summertime treat!
If you’re into quick dump recipes, you’re going to love this classic Pineapple Sunshine Cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe with a basic cake mix fancied up with crushed pineapple and whipped cream. As the cherry on top, you can actually add, well, cherries!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Has All The Flavors Of Banana Cream Pie, Just In Cake Form. With Layers Of Banana Cake, Pudding, Cream, Bananas, And Vanilla Wafers, It’s Sure To Be A Hit!