SHEET PAN STRAWBERRY SLAB PIE
This Sheet Pan Strawberry Slab Pie sings “Springtime” and it’s perfect for feeding a crowd. This slab pie can be made to serve as many as 30, or, as little as 12 if you make the half size. It’s the perfect fresh fruit filling in the most delicious, flaky pie pastry.
If you are looking for a way to feed pie to a crowd without preparing multiple pies, a slab pie is your answer. Slab pies are made on sheet pans. These large pies are cut into squares instead of wedges, making them easy to slice and serve, while still tasting like the pies you know and love.
A slab pie can be any traditional fruit pie like apple, peach, or berry, or festive ones like pumpkin, chocolate, or pecan. If you love pie, have a crowd to feed, and need a less fussy preparation method, make a slab pie or two and everyone will come back for seconds.
You can frozen mixed berries so the pie can be enjoyed any time of year. Of course, when fresh fruit is in season, that can be used as well.
To be honest, I’ve also found that this pie is equally delicious a week later from the fridge, eaten like a slice of pizza.
I always like to have something sweet in the house for when that midnight (or midday?) cravings hit. This strawberry pie hits the spot! The first night, we ate some a la mode with creamy vanilla ice cream.
Sheet Pan Strawberry Slab Pie
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust ( you can use puff pastry too)
- 6 oz strawberry jello
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 20 oz sprite (2 ½ cups)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 32 oz strawberries, washed and tops removed
- Whipped topping or whipped cream for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Turn both pie crusts out on a lightly floured surface and stack one on top of the other. Roll them out to roughly a 12×17-inch rectangle, then transfer the crust to a sheet pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Tuck any excess crust under itself, then crimp edges as desired, pricking the bottom and sides all over with a fork.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown, then remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together jello packet, sugar, and cornstarch, then pour in sprite and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring until thickened, then remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Once the crust has cooled, arrange sliced strawberries on top, then pour (cooled) filling carefully on top.
- Refrigerate slab pie for 2 hours or longer, or until set, then slice, serve and enjoy.
We love to hear from you when you make your own Sheet Pan Strawberry Slab Pie ! Did you love it? Did you make your family drool? Leave us a comment!
LOOKING FOR MORE YUMMY DESSERTS?
Summer is the time for frozen treats with shave ice, slushies, and ice cream. This is a dessert with all fresh ingredients and perfect for a summertime treat!
If you’re into quick dump recipes, you’re going to love this classic Pineapple Sunshine Cake. It’s a quick and easy recipe with a basic cake mix fancied up with crushed pineapple and whipped cream. As the cherry on top, you can actually add, well, cherries!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Has All The Flavors Of Banana Cream Pie, Just In Cake Form. With Layers Of Banana Cake, Pudding, Cream, Bananas, And Vanilla Wafers, It’s Sure To Be A Hit!