Delicious Creamy Strawberry Dessert
Creamy Strawberry Dessert! A week of favorite recipes wouldn’t be complete without this recipe. We have an understanding in our family that this is a salad instead of a dessert!
This means we get this delicious Creamy Strawberry Dessert “salad” as well as a dessert! I know, we are a little crazy but seriously, this dessert is soooooo good that I’m asked to bring it for most special occasions, and it’s the first thing to go.
I hadn’t made it for a while and had convinced myself that it wasn’t as good as I remembered but that just wasn’t true! Make it for a big crew or you will be eating it by yourself. Once you have had the first bite, you can’t stop eating!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large tube of Cool Whip
- 2 12 ounce whipped cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 boxes strawberry Danish dessert
- 3 cups water
- 2 to 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- CRUST: Combine the crushed graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a cake pan. Once the ingredients are mixed well, gently pat them down to form the crust.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING: In a mixing bowl, combine cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar until mixed well and fluffy. Pour the filling on top of the crust. Gently spread it out to make the next layer.
- STRAWBERRY LAYER: In a pan, combine the Danish dessert package with the water. Cook on a medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and changes color. Add the strawberries and stir until completely blended. Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes before gently adding this to the top of the cream cheese layer. Gently spread it out and cover the cream cheese layer.
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set up.
- You can use frozen strawberries, but make sure you drain them before adding them to the Danish dessert.