Frozen Blueberry Yogurt
It’s easier than 1, 2 ,3 to make this refreshing Summer treat! No ice cream maker? No problem! Enjoy this delicious frozen blueberry yogurt just using your blender!
It has been so so so hot around here that all I do is dream about cold, refreshing treats! This one is even better because you are using fresh blueberries and yogurt! Perfect treat and healthy on top!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FREEZE FROZEN YOGURT?
Wanting to know how long to freeze homemade frozen yogurt? This totally depends on your preferences. If you want to (or simply can’t wait), you can serve frozen yogurt immediately. I like to transfer it to an air-tight container and place in the freezer for a few hours. I usually keep it in the freezer for 1-3 hours.
Since I also freeze my fruit before adding it and blending it, that process takes 2-3 hours as well – so make sure to keep that timeframe in mind if you plan to use fresh fruit and then freeze it. If you already have frozen fruit on hand, you can just blend and eat!
- 1 pint (2 ½ cups) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 small lemon, to be zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups full fat yogurt, chilled
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until very smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container (bread pan works best!) and freeze for 4 hours, stirring every hour.
- When the mixture has set around the edges and is semi firm in the center, you're ready to serve.
- Before serving, you can return the frozen yogurt to the food processor and pulse a few times so it softens/smoothens a bit, if you so desire!
Did you try our Frozen Blueberry Yogurt recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
I have been into making frozen desserts this week since it’s been so freaking hot outside! The reviews on this dessert are fabulous!
Frozen Raspberry Cheesecake! Every Sunday we have family dinner with all our kids that are available and we try out new recipes that we can share with you. It has been crazy, hot around here! That makes me crave anything cold and fresh! Because of this, I decided to make a frozen raspberry cheesecake, and boy am I glad that I did!
Frozen Strawberry Dessert! Summer is the time for frozen treats with shave ice, slushies and ice cream. This is a dessert with all fresh ingredients and perfect for a summertime treat! Matthew loved this dessert! Give it a shot, you will not regret it!