Skillet Berry Cobbler
Nothing tastes better on a Summer night like Berry Cobbler! This easy recipe is made with only 8 ingredients. The buttery crust will make your mouth water!
I don’t know what it is but everything tastes better made in a cast iron skillet! I have made a lot of cobblers in my day but this one is just a notch above the others. Seriously, the crust is so buttery, crunchy good, I wish I could give a taste right now!
Another positive point is that you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry minus the fresh fruit.
TIPS AND TRICKS
FRUIT: I used fresh fruit but you can use frozen or canned. Just make you drain the juice.
STORAGE: The cobbler will keep up to 3 to 4 days in an airtight container. You can freeze it. Put it in an airtight container for up to one month. When you eat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight. Warm in oven.
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 c. flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. strawberries, diced
- 1 lb, blackberries
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Add the butter to a 10-inch cast iron skillet; place in the oven for 5 minutes or until the butter is completely melted, swirling the pan occasionally. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Whisk together 1 cup of the sugar with the flour, baking powder, salt and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and the cornstarch in another medium bowl. Add the berries and lemon juice to the cornstarch mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour the batter into the melted butter in the cast iron skillet; do not stir. Spoon the strawberry mixture and any juices left in the bowl evenly over the batter, without stirring.
- Place the skillet on a baking sheet and bake on the middle oven rack until golden brown and bubbly, 60 to 75 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving with ice cream, if you like.
Did you try our Skillet Berry Cobbler recipe? What did you think? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Need a yummy side dish? Sauteed Peas with Prosciutto is a super easy and quick dish for any meal!