If you have noticed, I’m having a love affair with one-pan meals! Skillet Chicken Enchilada Bake is about as fast as any human can make a really good dish.
This meal takes you only 30 minutes or less to make but it will taste like you have been slaving over the stove for hours! I love using Rotisserie chicken because they are so flavorful but take down the prep time.
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 5 to 6 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 (2½-pound) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about
- 4 cups shredded chicken)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans,drained
- 3 ounces shredded cheese, such as a Mexican cheese blend, or mozzarella (about 3/4 cup)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch oven-safe (preferably cast- iron) skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, Anaheim pepper, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the enchilada sauce, and sour cream to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the tortillas, chicken, and beans until thoroughly coated.
- Cook over medium heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese all over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then top the enchiladas with sour cream,Anaheim pepper, and cilantro (if desired) and serve directly from the skillet at the table
QUICK SKILLET DINNER IDEAS
12 thoughts on “Easy Skillet Chicken Enchilada Bake”
This looks so easy and delicious! I bet it’s a super comforting dinner too!
it is! you will love it!
OH. MY. GOODNESS. This looks so tasty! Thanks for this — I will be trying it!
P.S. Thanks for sharing it at Thursday Favorite Things!
I’m so glad!
Pinned this! I need to try it. I would be honored to have you join our What’s for Dinner party with your recipes!
Your Skillet Chicken Enchilada Bake will be a big hit here at the cottage, we will love it! Hope you have a very special holiday and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
This looks so yummy! I’m also all for one plate meals:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen
YUM, I just pinned this recipe. I love a one-pot-meal!
it’s so good!