If you have noticed, I’m having a love affair with one-pan meals! Skillet Chicken Enchilada Bake is about as fast as any human can make a really good dish.
This meal takes you only 30 minutes or less to make but it will taste like you have been slaving over the stove for hours! I love using Rotisserie chicken because they are so flavorful but take down the prep time.
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 5 to 6 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 (2½-pound) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about
- 4 cups shredded chicken)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans,drained
- 3 ounces shredded cheese, such as a Mexican cheese blend, or mozzarella (about 3/4 cup)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch oven-safe (preferably cast- iron) skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, Anaheim pepper, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the enchilada sauce, and sour cream to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the tortillas, chicken, and beans until thoroughly coated.
- Cook over medium heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese all over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then top the enchiladas with sour cream,Anaheim pepper, and cilantro (if desired) and serve directly from the skillet at the table
QUICK SKILLET DINNER IDEAS